Join Our Team: Digital Director
United We Dream is the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the country. We create welcoming spaces for young people – regardless of immigration status – to support, engage, and empower them to make their voice heard and win!
With a monthly online reach of 4 million, more than 250,000 members as well as 55 local groups, UWD is made up of fearless youth fighting to improve the lives of our members and their families. Our vision is a society which celebrates our diversity and believes in a multi-ethnic, intersectional path to getting there.
Whether we’re organizing in the streets, providing immigration services, building cutting edge technology systems, opening doors for LGBTQ immigrant youth, clearing pathways to education, stopping deportations or creating alliances across social movements, United We Dream puts undocumented immigrant youth in the driver’s seat. UWD is a fast paced, dynamic organization which has become a leading voice in social change and has appeared in every major news outlet in the country.
We are driven by the priorities and needs of our members, have trained thousands of individuals and have supported countless local organizing groups. Our grassroots driven approach has a proven track record of success and we’re looking for talented folks to join our team!
This position is a critical member of our organization that leads work that is essential to the organization. You should have a proven track record in raising grassroots donations online, and be committed to developing cutting edge digital campaigns to support undocumented youth, refugees, and their families. You have impeccable taste and good design instincts, even if you aren’t a designer yourself. You believe in the power of video and mobile to reach our audience, and are ready to build out programs anchored in those mediums. Your experience building content programs means you’re a strong writer, ruthless editor, and well versed in what works on the internet. You are ready to build a robust partnership with our field to support the organizing work we are doing on the ground with undocumented youth and their families. You are also ready to create trainings, materials, and programs to expand the skills of our community and team. We are deeply committed to training undocumented youth in digital skills, both with individual members and as we build our affiliate network. You are also comfortable leading data driven programs, and are ready to help our team expand their data-driven decision making and digital reporting. You will report to our Director of Membership Services and Technology, serving as a thought partner to this critical position.
This full-time exempt position (with flexibility) will be given to candidates to work in Washington DC, but remote work could be acceptable for the right candidate. Periodic travel expected. Although not required, major plus if you are multilingual.
- Lead strategy development with team of all digital strategy, including fundraising, digital organizing, digital rapid response, video, web, and social
- Manage current team of seven, identify opportunities for team growth, and hire and train additional team members
- Oversee expansion of email and mobile grassroots fundraising program, develop campaigns and programs to meet fundraising goals, help set benchmarks for program
- Oversee digital organizing program, including membership strategies, training, field program support, and email and mobile programs to support organizing goals
- Create and oversee digital messaging narrative, working closely with campaigns, policy and communications teams. Programs include national and local email, mobile, content,rapid response, and social media campaigns
- Create and support digital analytics program, building out tracking, testing, and analysis throughout our program to support membership and acquisition strategies
- Create and oversee digital process and execution, including writing, editing, design, video production, segmentation, web development, reporting, and more as needed
- Coordinate with policy, communications, campaigns, data, technology, and field departments on shared goals
ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant digital work experience
- Willingness to manage work and team in demanding, fast paced environments
- Able to develop department plans and budgets
- Knowledge of immigrants’ rights policy and organizing landscape, preferably with lived experience as an undocumented person, immigrant, or immigrant family
- Demonstrated success in creating, expanding, and maintaining email and SMS lists, particularly in growth and acquisition
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing digital campaigns from start to finish, including petitions, engaging with activists on the ground, social media, and partner engagement
- Experienced trainer with background in curriculum development, upfront training, and material creation
- Understanding of data management, hygiene, and integration
- Talented organizer with excellent project management skills, willing to do whatever it takes to fight for justice
- Intersectional social justice analysis on race, class and gender passionate about immigrants’ rights
This position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three writing samples via email to [email protected] and include DIGITAL DIRECTOR – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
As this is a communications role, your cover letter, resume and choice of writing samples should be a pleasure to read and inspire us to give you a call.
UWD is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. UWD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.